VISION STATEMENT: To give the littlest saints the knowledge of God and His word so that they will be able to fulfill the Great Commission.
MISSION STATEMENT: Learning and Serving.
SUNDAY MORNING MINISTRIES
Sunday Morning Children’s Educational Program – BUZZ!
Using unique game-like activities, lessons are packed with fun, surprise, and kid participation. Kids even get to choose what activity comes next as the lesson unfolds, and they never get bored because they never quite know what’s coming next.Sunday Special Events
- Kickoff occurs the last Sunday in August at 9:30am
- Annual Year-End Celebration occurs on the last week of the regular school year
- Through their Sunday offerings along with those of the adults, the children take the lead in a service project. The donations collected are given to an organization that provides for the basic needs of people they serve. A new service project is selected each year and runs from August through June.
WEDNESDAY EVENING MINISTRIES
Children’s Bible Study
– a small group for 3rd-5th graders, who pray together and learn how to apply the Bible to daily life, meets Wednesdays 5:00- 5:30p.m.
– Cherub Choir is for children from Kindergarten through second grade. They meet on Wednesday afternoon from September to May.
-Children’s Choir for children from third grade through sixth grade also meets on Wednesday afternoons from September to May. Our focus is on growing in our relationship with God, learning songs and musical skills, and preparing to lead worship.
-Provides sixth graders with basic Christian principles during their first year of Confirmation. This class meets Wednesday evenings from 6:50pm to 7:45pm.
First Communion Class
-Prepares fifth graders to receive the sacrament of Holy Communion. This class meets in early spring on Sunday mornings.
– In fulfillment of the promise we made at Baptism to place Scripture in the hands of the children, In September, Children’s bibles are given to our three year olds, Adventure Bibles are given to our first graders and our third graders receive a devotional.
Children’s Advent/Christmas program:
worship for the whole congregation, with music and drama, led by children, the second Sunday in December
Children’s Choir Festival:
February 28, 2016 the children’s choir will spend a day rehearsing with other children’s choirs in the area, in order to prepare a concert for that evening.
Annual Community Easter Egg Hunt:
occurs on the Saturday before Easter Sunday.
is held for one week during the summer from 9am to Noon.
How you can serve our children?
Children’s teachers are always appreciated – you can volunteer either as a full time teacher, short term or full time aide, or substitute teacher. We also love opening helpers, greeters, and behind the scenes volunteers. See the Sunday school table to volunteer!
MUSICAL AND NON-MUSICAL:
assistants needed for choirs year-round and for the children’s Advent/Christmas drama/musical.
SPECIAL EVENT COORDINATORS:
help organize and promote special educational experiences for the students outside the classroom.
needs teachers, assistants, actors, music leaders, technical assistance and nursery volunteers as well as volunteers for other activities for one week during the summer.